Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Here come the Brides...

After waiting for what seemed forever, Washington State passed a law that Gays & Lesbians could have the same rights as straight folks to marry.  Being a wedding minister - this made me happy.  Being a lesbian - this made me ecstatic!  My partner and I had been together for 11 years, raised 3 kids, and now have two grandchildren.  And, now we are legally married! 

We have three couples that we are very close with who were also able to marry.    J & S were the first of our friends.  They married in a different county of Washington.  Here in Pend Oreille County,  A & Y were the first to marry, I married N & K (they were #2s), I married the third couple and Cynthia and I were the 4th couple to marry!  Pretty cool, huh?  We have a couple friends, R & E, who married in another state and are now legally married here!

 
We do!


With our bestie peoples -
Timmy, Cynthia, Teri & George
 
 

 
Mrs. & Mrs.


Life is good and the way is should be.  I'm so thankful to Washington lawmakers and the people who voted the law into place.

And, it being the weekend for me...we are working on Avalon for the next two days - will post pictures tonight or tomorrow.  Have a wonderful day & enjoy the beautiful weather if you have it!  (We do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment